Total Pageviews

Friday 4 November 2011

WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN, LAMBERT?



You know, that's a good question.  I have had a ton of blogs to post recently.  Some have looked at the current financial crisis in the eurozone that's threatening to spill out into the rest of the entire world, others have looked at the plight of the middle-class/super-rich in Manchester and how they seem to be blighted by an alarmingly high amount of disability in their family members judging by the amount of disabled badges on cars worth 30 grand or more, I even had one looking at how far we have traversed backwards as a society rife with skills to now being so lacking in skilled workers that a road that had been supposedly fixed could look this bad.


BUT I CAN'T!

And why's that you ask?

Well, it's because I've been busy finishing my first novel.

Yes.  I wrote a book.

Of course more than anything right now I'd love to take all the credit and say it was all my own work but a sizeable part of the credit on this one goes to my lovely wife and because of that she has to get a credit on there (and so she shall.)

So what's it about then?  Well I'll tell you.  It's the story of Roger Dobbins, author, atheist and all-round self-centred egomaniac (pretty much no different from any other celeb then?)  But there is something different about Roger Dobbins, he has done something different to any of the other media non-entities out there, in that he has created a follower, someone who has so prescribed to his Godless view of the universe that they have relinquished everything that religion had given them ...fear of holy retribution, concern for others, even a moral code, free of these things they decide to share said new-found freedom with Roger, by torturing and murdering him in his own home.

However, for all their preparation things don't go to plan when an innocent woman gets caught up in events and control is wrestled away from them, but can they get it back and avoid capture, can Roger Dobbins find a way out of this for himself and the woman caught up in this sick bastard's games, and can any of us ever truly escape the lessons that childhood teaches us?

The book is entitles "Free at Last: A novel" and is available on Amazon at the knockdown price of £1.99 (a bargain, cheaper than most magazines, a lot more engaging and with less adverts!) for anyone with Kindle app's on their phone, laptop, mac or a kindle itself, and while I hope that all those people who have consistently asked over the years for me to do something like this will take the step of making a purchase, more than that I hope you enjoy it and don't regret it, and if you do, please update your Facebook status with the advert for this webpage, because I have, at least, two further books to put online, but I'm not going to do that unless I know I have an audience.

So, if you're interested please follow the link and hopefully enjoy what you find BUT if you're not sure if you'll like it, here is the first page...

ENJOY!!!


                       Chapter One    
      Genesis  


July 21st 
20:39.
  You know me.  Sure you do.
  That’s me you walked past in your lunch hour.  You know?  When you almost walked into me and I had to step round you?  I’m the one behind you in the queue that you looked through you as you tried to see what was on offer at the end of the racks.  That’s me there, almost getting run over as you drive straight through the zebra crossing.  That’s me.  Joe Q. Public.  No, that’s not true either; what I should say is I was Joe Q. Public at some point.  Because if I was still normal now I wouldn’t have bought the gun from that nutter down the pub, that tramp that I bludgeoned to death in that crumbling alleyway would still be alive, the crumpled blue sports bag next to me wouldn’t be full to the brim with restraints and torture equipment just waiting for him to get home and I wouldn’t be talking to this voice in my head asking me why?
  I went to school just like you did, studied but was not remarkable, nor stupid.  I took the exams expected of me and got the grades I needed to get by in life, and watched as the world changed; changed from a society were people worked together towards a notion of greater good, to one of greed and rampant consumerism, a society that told me that I had to spend, spend, spend to be happy.  Maybe it was the romantic ideals of my youth, but as my mid-twenties approached I thought love would make me happy.  My partner however didn’t see it that way and the consumer consumption lifestyle was all they wanted, all they needed.  
  Wait-a-minute!  Is it him?  Nah.  Just more fucking sightseers down Millionaire Drive; hoping to catch sight of footballers, celebrities or other obscenely rich folk with little to offer the world.  He’ll be back soon enough and then I’ll finally have everything I need, and it is a need, it’s a yearning inside, an itch that chomps away beneath the skin that no amount of tearing at the flesh will remedy.



Here's the link....

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Free-At-Last-Celebrity-ebook/dp/B00633UM0G/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1320434599&sr=8-1

Many thanks for all your support.

Mike Lambert Zoe Lambert


1 comment:

  1. Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey! You're back!!!! :0D And with a book!!!! Woooooooooooooo! So proud of you bro. And Zoe. ;0)

    ReplyDelete