Total Pageviews

Friday 4 November 2011

THE TRAGIC RICH OF MANCHESTER!!!




The Rich.  They have it all their own way right?  Wrong!  Dead wrong.  They have it hard.  Harder than you or I could possibly understand.  Why is this?  Because there appears to be something happening to them and I see their suffering every day even though it is something they just don’t talk about, something that’s just too painful for them to share even during these enlightened times.  I’m taking about the stigma of disability.





        (What the hell would someone disabled want with a sports-type car?)

Now this is something I have experience of.  My own sister suffered learning difficulties and my Father’s wife has been confined to a wheelchair for several years so I know it is not something to take lightly, and I can say with hand on heart that I feel for the wealthy folk of Manchester.  Indeed I do.
So, you’re probably wondering why I know that the wealthy folk of Manchester have been so affected  by this.  Well I’ll tell you.





I know that they have been dealt this hand because every single day I walk past dozens (oh yes, dozens!!!) of high-priced top of the line vehicles, the kind of cars that you and I could only hope one day to own, parked around Manchester (Usually near a number of well-priced restaurants and in one case outside a wine-sellers) and there, although admittedly they surely don’t like to advertise it, is the fabled Disabled parking badge.  Now, it is not for me to say that the owners of such BMW’s, Jaguar's, Mercedes Benz, top-of-the-range Land Rovers, Aston Martins (picture not available but that’s what started this blog off!) Bentley’s and even a Rolls Royce do not have need of vehicles to transport those who are less able to move freely, it is not for me to say that corruption or knowing someone may have garnered said badges were the simply is no need; Legally, and also from a moral standpoint, I cannot say this, because put simply, on evidence of the badge itself, it is not true.





However, in times when most of us are struggling simply to get by, when costs are going through the roof on car insurance, heating, transport, food and even the basics that we so take for granted one cannot envy those for whom even the simplest movement can be painful or in some cases impossible, but one can say that were money and privilege have smiled on those individuals, that the benefits of the state (even a simple one like free-parking) must surely be granted to those who are both in need in either mind or body, but also in pocket.










Also please see my other blog with news of my latest venture (A novel no less entitled "FREE AT LAST:  A NOVEL".)

Many Thanks

Mr Chatable.

http://www.ucd.ie/building/resource/traffic/samplepermit.jpg

2 comments:

  1. i agree. i hate them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. just wish I'd got the shot of the Aston with the badge.

    ReplyDelete