Total Pageviews

Tuesday 23 August 2011

PET HATES?  I DON’T HATE PETS, JUsT THESE NUMPTIES!



So, after a break for a few weeks, here I am with yet more to discuss, talk about rant about etc.  I hope you’ve all been well and not missed my incoherent ramblings too much.  For those of you who have I promise that there are quite a few different things coming on to these pages, from my shortest story yet about “HOW NOT TO IMPRESS A CELEBRITY” to the deely on my much anticipated trip to the supposed gay capital of the UK (although that said I encounter more gays at work in Manchester than I did in Brighton.  Go figure!)
But first, I couldn’t let a moment go by without mentioning this as it’s one of those things that I know everyone who experiences my blog will have experienced at one time of another and when the moment came I thought “I can’t let that go”.  The people that we’re talking about today are that rarest of people, they’re those clowns that, when you turn a corner with room to spare between you and an approaching car, decide that the best course of action is to speed up.





WHY?  That’s what I’d love to know.  To be honest I’d love nothing more than to chase these arseholes down, flag them to pull over and shout at them, why?  What realistically is their problem?  If you assess and correctly judge that there is indeed room, then what will speeding up and crashing into you by these tools achieve?  What would they actually say to the police if they did crash into you...
“Well, Officer they were turning in front of me so quickly that my only course of action was to slam on the accelerator and crash into them!” because these days, it’s all computers.  In the past when we drove the pedals controlled the vehicle but more and more with newer cars a pedal tells a computer to slow the car down and then then car slows down.  The computers are like like little in-car black boxes monitoring a person’s driving, meaning it would become pretty clear, pretty quickly what had caused any crash like that . . . Driver error on the other side.  So why do it?





And here’s where I lose it a bit because I don’t know.  I mean there’s certain bad behaviour where when I see it occur I can think well I get that, I know why that has happened, but this one not only seems illogical but it seems downright dangerous.  The last time this happened we were making the turn and there clearly was, at the speed the oncoming car was going, enough time to make the turn, but of course you start to pull out and they decide that they’d better speed up and deny you that turn, even though by that stage you’re already in the turn, I mean, it’s like they expect you to immediately reverse back down the road you were exiting, but you can’t do that so all you can do is get out of there as soon as possible and thank your luck that when they whisk past you that your premiums have not just shot up.
Said Nuff.
M


http://static4.depositphotos.com/1001102/382/i/450/dep_3828402-Road-rage.jpg
http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/thumblarge_294/1217277816YL3418.jpg
http://www.visualphotos.com/photo/2x4505538/two_men_arguing_about_damage_in_car_collision_pe0068111.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment