Total Pageviews

Sunday 1 April 2012


LINE?  WHO DO YOU SEE IN THE MAIN ROLES THEN?
And for me this is a good question and not one I have all the answers to (quite unlike me I know!)  You see for those people who have dared to step into the world I have created I like to think that knowing who is in the authors mind when they create the characters is important.  I think every aspiring author out there pictures someone in his mind when they are mashing the keys and planting the words on the page and in many ways I am no different so I thought I would share with you those I see in the words I have conjured onto the page for my first novel.
ROGER DOBBINS.
Of course Roger is a self-obsessed ego maniac type and while I didn’t picture John Ritter (As he looked in Skin Deep) in this role I think that kind of repellent scumbag is what we’re looking at.  Now I’d love to say that I see this as either a job for Alfred Molina or Brian Cox or Trevor Eve or even Philip Glenister as they are perhaps the obvious big names, but I don’t.  



Sadly the name of the actor I always picture in this role I can never quite recall, he’s a stalwart of British TV drama and usually plays repitilian establishment arseholes or villains, he is not a typical Julian Glover type villian but he is one of those actors that crops up in stuff and you think “Oh, him again!”
DETECTIVE CHIEF SUPERINTENDENT RICHARD REVERE.
For this one the most obvious and instant choice every time is perhaps the most sought after elder English actor there is, a man for whom there is no equal to, a man to whom the rest of the field look to for inspiration, and is perhaps the most obvious choice ...Bill Nighy.  Yes, it is very obvious and sometimes we should look outside of the usual names, BUT, when I was writing this role I was inspired by a man who in his very essence did just remind of Bill Nighy ...Sorry.


ROGER’S SECOND WIFE SUSAN
Now for Susan we need someone attractive, but not too attractive, perhaps, functionally attractive but certainly no stunner.  For this I’m thinking (No offence ladies) either Tara Fitzgerald or Emily Mortimer.  Very, very good actresses that can go from sexual frustration, to confusion, terror, anxt and unleashed aggression all at the drop of a hat.  Both of which are more than capable.


Which should bring us to our killer but I don’t want to discuss them yet, instead I’d rather focus on the last of Roger’s women and the one that is perhaps the most intriguing ...The enigmatic, Jill!
JIll
Now Jill is attractive of course.  At the height of her looks, the caring and charismatic Jill is more than equal to Roger’s charm, but who to play her.  For me this is the easiest casting of the bunch and I had her in mind from day one.  Karen Gillan.  The fantastic Miss Gillan would be delightful in perhaps the most complex role of the lot and I certainly think she’d be more than capable to doing all of Jill’s many facets justice, although I didn't think that till I saw her in the excellent WHO episode "The girl who waited" and its fair to say her performance as the older Amy did it for me.  Just sensational!


And that’s it.
Suffice to say that if anyone fancies taking a look and seeing what it’s all about please feel free to take a peek at FREE AT LAST: A NOVEL as it’s available on Amazon and see if you can’t cast it better yourself or leave a comment in the comments box.
Many thanks
Ciao for now.

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhkp4187uxXTZaDJlzxu35Pjrkq1zbzzCR63kWKilm4_HgDGtwxV1_YbaeSvty09KlBL0vFF3NnDJNcgq42VW4bDS0BOESgNi6c_ain9PL0qk11lEr7yupLHLy68xKvgZGDUowD8OzxBKlJ/s400/trevor+eve.jpg
http://www.wearysloth.com/Gallery/ActorsN/29063-27300.gif
http://www.toptelly.net/wpimages/wp5dab9c00_0a.jpg
http://opooae.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/karengillan252ckarengillanpics252ckarengillanhairstyle252ckarengillan2011252ccelebrity252chasistyles2011252ckarengillanbio252882529.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment