Total Pageviews

Wednesday 29 May 2013


RANDOMNESS OF THE LOTTERY OR RATHER IT’S LACK OF RANDOMNESS, SEEMINGLY!



So the £80 million plus jackpot slipped through my fingers again, sadly.  Of all the seven numbers to come up at this Tuesday’s jackpot I was only seven numbers away from having the right combination to have my life changed irreparably forever, just seven numbers away from bitching about how much money ruined my life on some crappy show that is a godsend for the flatscreen industry as there must be literally thousands of people up and down the land hurling bottles at their TV’s while these lucky bastards whinge about just how much their lives have been spoiled by the cash (Boo fucking hoo!)



But this did get me thinking, you see, while I did put my regular numbers on as usual I had little hope of winning this time for one simple reason, it wasn’t my time yet.  Now before everyone starts to think “IT’S NOT MY TIME EVERY WEEK!” that isn’t what I mean.  You see every now and then I’ll win a little bit.  Every few months the numbers offer a glimmer of hope and during a window of a few weeks I seem to get a few glimmers.  It seems like luck is smiling on me and over a few weeks I may win 3 times or so, and then nothing for ages.  

Now, we are told the lottery is random and that it’s all luck, hell the same numbers could come out each week, exactly the same, but of course, they don’t, but they do seem to (for a few weeks anyway) and I wondered if anyone else appears to go through this oddly synchronous shading of fortune.  Was it just me who suffered these massive dry patches where even getting one number was problematic before hitting a mini-lucrative purple patch?  

If you know what I’m talking about please feel free to comment in the box below as I would like to know if I’m alone in this.

Thanks guys and gals.

http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/lottery-balls-13179999.jpg
http://us.123rf.com/400wm/400/400/rjlerich/rjlerich0602/rjlerich060200058/319110-man-crying-over-cash-money-model-released-207.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment